What should I do about a noise complaint?

Contact the Lighthouse Point Police Department at 954-942-8080 and give the call taker the location where the noise is coming from and what type of noise it is. An officer will respond and determine if the noise violates the current city noise ordinance provision. If a violation is verified, the offender may be warned or cited, depending on how many times the site is visited and a violation observed within the time frame specified by City Ordinance. The complainant does not need to agree to be contacted by the responding officer during the investigation of the noise complaint.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a position with the Police Department?
2. Should I install a burglar alarm in my home?
3. What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
4. How do I pay or contest a traffic citation?
5. How do I pay or contest a parking citation?
6. How can I pick up my vehicle if it has been towed?
7. How do I get my property back from the Department?
8. What should I do about a noise complaint?
9. Should I call 911 or the non-emergency number when I need the Police?
10. How do I send a ‘thank you’ to a Lighthouse Point member?
11. How can I get my fingerprints done?
12. How do I file a complaint or concern about a Department member?
13. How do I get a copy of a police report?