Boat Fueling of Number 2 Fuel (Diesel)
The City of Lighthouse Point has a code governing the fueling of boats with Number 2 fuel via mobile bunkering. No gasoline is allowed.
The City Code, Section 14-5 Storage of Lighthouse Point Gas and Number 2 Fuel Oil, stipulates that only companies permitted by the Lighthouse Point Fire Rescue Department are allowed to conduct mobile bunkering services in the City. Before a permit to fuel is issued by the Fire Rescue Department a fire Inspector will inspect the vehicle(s), verify that the company has a third-party agreement with a cleanup company, and holds the necessary permits and insurance to conduct this type of business. The permit is renewed annually.
The following companies are currently permitted to deliver Number 2 fuel (diesel) docked within the City limits. (No gasoline is allowed.):
Broward Oil Company - (permit expires December 27, 2023)
- Tag Number N35-45V Kenworth
Lank Oil - (permit expires December 27, 2023)
- Tag Number N45-01Z Peterbilt #83
- Tag Number P86-26A Peterbilt #88
- Tag Number P48-16A Freightliner #85
- Tag Number P11-55D Freightliner #90
Anchor Petroleum DBA DLS Petroleum - (permit expires December 27, 2023)
- Tag Number P35-61D Peterbilt Number 12
- Tag Number P35-62D Peterbilt Number 8
- Tag Number P35-65D Freightliner Number 11
Fuel U Fast - (permit expires December 27, 2023)
- Tag Number HCX-F54 Freightliner
- Tag Number HCX-F54 Mack
- Tag Number 80B-VKG International
No other companies have completed the permit process set forth in the City Code. If you have any questions regarding this activity, please do not hesitate to contact the Fire Rescue Department at 954-941-2624.